ISO 9001:2015: A Revision to the Global Quality Standard
ISO 9001, the world's most popular quality management standard, revised and published
ISO 9001, the global benchmark for quality management, has now been revised and officially published.
According to the draft design specification, the revised standard should (among other things):
- Provide a stable core set of requirements for the next 10 years or more
- Remain generic, and relevant to all sizes and types of organization operating in any sector
- Maintain the current focus on effective process management to produce desired outcomes
- Take account of changes in quality management systems practices and technology since the last major revision in 2000
- Reflect changes in the increasingly complex, demanding and dynamic environments in which organizations operate.
- Facilitate effective organizational implementation and effective conformity assessment by first, second and third parties
- Use simplified language and writing styles to aid understanding and consistent interpretations of its requirements
Why is ISO 9001 being revised?
All ISO standards are reviewed every five years to determine whether a revision is necessary to keep it current and relevant for the marketplace. ISO 9001:2015 will respond to the latest trends and be compatible with other management system standards, such as ISO 14001 (which has also been revised).
What are the main changes to the standard?
The new version follows a new, higher level structure to make it easier to use in conjunction with other management system standards, with increased attention given to risk.
I am certified to ISO 9001:2008. What does this mean for me?
Organizations have a three-year transition period to align their quality management system with the new standard.
Stay in touch for ISO 9001:2015 updates, training, and more
In addition to one-on-one reviews, Bureau Veritas Certification offers guidance to help prepare for the ISO Revisions. Learn more about the 2015 Revisions by accessing our dedicated website or enroll in our industry-leading training courses for awareness and early preparation.
Bureau Veritas Certification
Send an e-mail