Guarantee legally purchased wood, a real need
For forest operators, there is a growing need to guarantee that purchased wood products are legal, which can not be separated from a good knowledge of geographical origins.
For the last 20 years, illegally purchased woods have represented a major issue. As a result, since 2000, Governmental and Intergovernmental Organisations decided to set up strict measures to find a solution for non controversial practices.
OLB certification: guarantee your timber's origin and legality
The OLB system (in French Origine et Légalité des Bois is translated as "Timber Legality Origin") was developed in 2004 by Bureau Veritas Certification to meet forest and trading companies' need for an official third party certificate regarding their wood products' legality.
OLB certification, an international system, is based on:
- A strict and true legality
- Traceability requirements adapted to forest companies
- A simple, though efficient, follow up on wood products (chain of custody)
OLB certification offers:
- A certificate intended for forest companies
This document describes the requirements needed in order to comply with legal requirements for forest management and logging activities, personnel employment, security and environmental impact.
It also mainly deals with wood traceability within the company until the sale or primary processing.
- A certificate intended for processing and trading companies
The certification for wood processing and trading companies is based on the respect of the chain of custody standard.
This document certifies that your company meets OLB requirements, allows you to sell OLB certified products and to use the OLB trademark.
In addition to OLB certification, the wood processing and trading companies can be OLB+ certified.
The fulfillment of OLB+ requirements allows the company to demonstrate that it respects social and environmental supplementary principles.
Why choose Bureau Veritas Certification for OLB Certification?
- Bureau Veritas Certification is the only certification body to provide this service.
- All of Bureau Veritas Certification's forestry services are performed by experts of this domain. They understand your needs, your activity and your constraints.
- Bureau Veritas Certification is the world's leading certification body and has a strong international network in 100 countries.
Bureau Veritas Certification
Send an e-mail