What is PEFC Certification?
The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) is an international non-profit and non-governmental organization that promotes Sustainable Forest Management monitored by independent third-party certification.
- is effective throughout the timber supply chain to ensure that forest product production respects ecological, social and ethical standards
- is a mark of trust for customers and consumers to identify products from sustainably managed forests
- works as an umbrella organization to endorses national forest certifications systems to fit with local conditions. PEFC has endorsed 30 national certification systems and includes more than 230 million hectares of certified forests.
Who can benefit from PEFC certification?
PEFC has two distinct types of certification for forest managers or companies using forest products.
PEFC Forest Management
For companies that manage or own forest resources and would like to establish and communicate their responsible practices to consumers.
Forest Managers that would like to become PEFC certified must also achieve PEFC Chain of Custody Certification to sell their products.
PEFC Chain of Custody
PEFC Chain of Costudy is for any company handling or using PEFC certified forest products (i.e.furniture manufacturers, publishers, pulp industries, and all other wood products) to attest to the wood's traceability and legal origin and can use the PEFC label.
Becoming PEFC Chain of Custody certified means your clients also dispose the right to use the PEFC label on their forest products.
What are the key benefits of PEFC Certification?
PEFC’s certification brings you important benefits:
- grants access to PEFC ecosystem markets
- gives confidence to your consumers and customers that your products come from sustainably managed forests
- allows you to adopt a risk management approach for your procurement processes and prevent future issues
Why Choose Bureau Veritas Certification?
Bureau Veritas Certification is an independent third party accredited to provide both PEFC Forest Management and Chain of Custody certification.
Over 700 clients have trusted Bureau Veritas Certification to handle their PEFC certification needs and deliver a level of assurance to their forest’s activities. Our vast worldwide network can meet your needs on a global scale.
Becoming PEFC certified grants you use of an internationally recognized label for your organization.
Demonstrate to your consumers and customers that your products come from sustainably managed forests and give added value to your products.
Bureau Veritas Certification
Send an e-mail