FENCELINE MONITORING EPA 325A-325B
The Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) standard 325A and 325B for Passive Fenceline Monitoring of refineries is designed to assess fugitive/area source emissions from refineries. This new standard requires Benzene concentration levels to be monitored at facility fencelines, and root cause analysis and corrective actions when the Benzene level exceeds the 9ug/m3 Action Level.
Fenceline Monitoring Requirements:
• Install passive monitors surrounding the refinery at the fenceline
• Using 2 week average concentration readings, calculate annual average Benzene concentration and compare against action level. Action Level is 9 ug/m3
• Conduct root cause analysis and corrective action upon exceedances of the action level
• Monitor Placement & Sample Requirements - Media selection, sample placement and collections schedules for specific refinery needs.
• Root Cause Analysis - Root cause identification and corrective action consultation when levels exceed the EPA action level.
• Electronic Reporting - Standard analytical reports compiled utilizing Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) and emailed directly to the client.
• Turnkey Solution - Monitoring program development, sample collection & analysis, and root cause analysis and corrective action in a complete package.
Bureau Veritas offers a turnkey solution to meeting the challenges of complying with E325A and E325B. Our full-service package not only provides collection sampling and laboratory analysis, but also includes consulting for establishing a monitoring program and root cause analysis and corrective actions for non-compliance.
Establishing a Monitoring Program
Bureau Veritas’ consulting team helps clients to develop a monitoring program to collect accurate samples, including media selection, placement, and collection schedules.
Sample Collection & Laboratory Analysis
Bureau Veritas provides a full-service sample analysis service, including placement of media and collection of samples. These samples are then analyzed in Bureau Veritas’ in-house laboratory, and electronic reports are provided in real time.
Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Actions
When levels are found to exceed the EPA-established Action Level, Bureau Veritas’ consulting team works to identify root causes, and provides clients with corrective actions to bring Benzene levels within compliance of the proposed standard.
Achieving Compliance Under the New